I received my first Colourpop products about a month ago. There are two good things about Colourpop: 1) They offer affordable products. 2) If you sign up for their email list, you get $5 off, which covers your shipping charges.
Now, let's talk about the two products I received.
Super Shock Eye Shadow
I got this for free! Colourpop gave out this shadow to celebrate their second birthday in the color Birthday Boy. I was very excited to get it (yay, free!).
My first impressions:
- The color was not as pigmented as I expected. It turned out to be pretty sheer, even with multiple layers.
- It is very glittery. Not shiny, not sheen, glittery. I think the one time I might wear this is as a base to a matte color to give the matte color some interest.
- There was some glitter fall-out. Glitter under the eyes that was almost impossible to remove without messing up my foundation-- not cute.
- I don't know if it was just because this was a free product, but I hit the pan on the first application. I'm hoping the products you purchase would have more product than this free shadow. Otherwise, it's not going to last very long.
Let's just say that I'm glad this was free. I would like to test another shadow to see if I like it better.
Now, let's move on to the second product.
Ultra Matte Lip in Clueless (Liquid Lipstick)
I've seen a lot of youtubers wearing Colourpop lip products. I really wanted to try some, so I started with Clueless, which is a really on-trend 90's color.
So, let's break it down:
- I really like the color. I get compliments when I wear it.
- It lasts much longer than most lip products I've tried.
- It can accentuate your lip lines if you don't scrub and condition your lips before applying it. Make sure to dry your lips off before applying it.
- It flakes off if you don't condition your lips and flakes after wearing it for awhile.
- It doesn't fade as nicely as I'd like.
- The applicator stick has a lot of product on it. The tube doesn't have enough suction to pull the product off the plastic stick and keep it only on the doe foot brush. It seems wasteful and has gotten lipstick on other parts of my face while I'm putting it on my lips. The lipstick is not easy to remove from your chin!
- The product applies better if you use a lip brush. My guess is because it uses less product, so you get a better, less goopy application and can really smooth it out better than the doe foot applicator which has too much product on it (again, needs more suction). The problem with that: it's almost impossible to wash it out of your brush. I washed and washed the lip brush only to stain my hands. Once I finally got the brush clean, I vowed to not use it again with that lip product or to dedicate it only to that product.
Overall, I think it's worth the price and a good lipstick. I wish it was more like a lip stain that fades nicely and had more nourishing qualities. If you follow me on snapchat (username: marlagraces), you would have seen videos of the progression of me wearing it through the day on two different days. I have screenshots below, because my videos somehow didn't save like I thought.
If you have Colourpop products, please let me know what to try (or not try!). I'd love to hear what you think!
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. I purchased the items pictured myself and was not sponsored to write this post. The affiliate links are just similar items for ideas, and the links help sponsor my tiny blog so I can keep creating!