I bought my shirt for $1 at the humane society thrift store.
Here's the front:
And the back:
I snipped off the button and cut down the back seam. The back became the front.
It definitely was a little baggy, so I added some elastic to the inside back (formerly the front)
If you've never sewn with elastic before, I recommend reading some tips online. It's easy to work with if you know a few tricks. That'll be a post for another time ;).
Added ribbons to each side of the newly hemmed front (formerly back) and tied it in a bow.
Yes, I took these pictures with my phone AND took pictures of myself. That's what you do when your real camera is on the fritz and your hubby isn't around.
With the elastic there is now a semi-waistline.
This project cost me $1. I already had the ribbon on hand. Yay!